When a user completes a Learndash course, he/she can generate a certificate for the course. The certificate is designed by the course creator and contain the details as set by him. Now . this newest addition to the growing list of extension plugin for Learndash -LearnDash Certificate Unique ID Generator Plugin – helps a course creator in providing a way to verify or validate whether the certificate was indeed issued to the said user by his/her/its website.
What is the need for verification of the certificate?
Let me give you an example. Suppose a company buys your course for hundreds of its employees. After the completion of the course, the employee prints out the certificate and produces it to the company’s HR department as a proof of doing the course and grades obtained. As of now .every certificate issued by your site to all the employees will be same and nothing distinct except the grades obtained by the users of the course.
So what if an employee without doing a course. just fake your certificate of completing the course and submit it to the company.Or the user overwrites the grade and shows fake grade. Right now, there is no way other than contacting you by mail and verifying if the certificate was correct. Is int not good if your site itself provides facilities for everyone to verify if the certificate was indeed issued by your site? LearnDash Certificate Unique ID Generator Plugin provides just that facility.
What Do You Get in Version 3.6?
- Create a unique id every time a certificate is generated for a user. This new unique ID will be associated with the user who generated the certificate.
- The Admin of the site will get a list of the certificates generated with a user name, course name, user, and date of generation.
- A shortcode for creating a mobile responsive verification page where anyone can verify the certificate.
- The verification can be done threeways-by Unique ID (default), the User ID, or Email address. (This is from
- The search page for issued certificate now in any language that Learndash supports [watch the video below]
- Now the hyperlink for user id is created and can be printed on the certificate or shared on Linkedin profile or by mail.
- The verification page will incorporate the photo of the user, provided he has created a profile picture on gravatar.com .If it is not created default photo created by the admin will appear.
- The admin can also change fonts used on the verification page to a certain extent.
- Now, a person can also print the certificate directly from the verification page.
- The new version gives the admin power to show or not to show certain details on the verification page. See the image below
Watch the video
Another Demo of Unique ID Generator Plugin
Demo of Language Change (Version 3.1 onwards)
Direct Link for Search Result Demo
On purchase of the product above, you get an API license for use on one domain. The purchase also includes support for 12 months and any upgrade that comes within 12months of purchase. The purchase is subject to Buyer’s Agreement. If you use the API first on staging site and want to deploy on the live site, send an email asking for one time another API .