We all create data table on Google Spreadsheet. How about showing this data table as a web table on your WordPress website.What if the data table updates in almost real-time ………the moment you publish the spreadsheet after making changes. Introducing GS2WP Table WordPress Plugin that lets you publish on your WordPress site
- A real-time HTML table that you created on Google sheet.
- You can present a table in Card view
- You can publish the table in news view
What is so special about GS2WP Table Plugin?
There are many first actually. Here are ten reasons why GS2WP Table WordPress Plugin is unique.
- If you know how to create a table (the easiest job !) , you can display your data as an HTML table only any page or post. Shortcode has generated automatically and once you create a post or page with that shortcode, that is enough. You don’t need to visit that page ever……even when your data are changed in the original spreadsheet.
- Any update or change in data in the spreadsheet will instantly show the moment you publish your sheet after editing
- At any time you change the formatting -background colour or font colour ., such change will show in the table the moment you publish your sheet. In the case of real time table, you do not need to republish your google sheet, just wait for a minute or two…change on your website shall happen automatically
- Since the table is created on Google sheet, you can create certain data using formulas, function especially Google Finance …….and the result will show on the web table. For example, let us say the list of stock price or exchange rate etc.
- The data table is capable of publishing hyperlinks.( a column is reserved for it )………so just as you insert the hyperlinks on the words in a table , it will be published on the table.
- Table is capable of showing images. You need to paste full URL of image in the spreadsheet or HTML code for image .
- You can show special characters by just pasting HTML codes in Google Sheet.
Two Types of Table
A user of the GS2WP Table WordPress Plugin can create two kinds of a table – Plain Table and Real-Time Table. The plain table can have a maximum of 5000 rows and 20 Column whereas the Real-Time Table can have a maximum of 100 rows and 10 columns. See DEMO for Real-Time here
Another difference between Plain Table and Real Time Table is that in plain table you can insert image through google sheet insert URL whereas in case of Real Time Table, you need to put HTML code for image ( <img src=”url”>
GS2WP Table Demo Video
Publish Just One or Any Specific Cell out of Google Sheet Table
Publish Data Table as Card View
Demo of Publishing Google Sheet Table on WordPress in News View
How to Show a Single Cell containing Image on WordPress?
Just put an HTML code on the single cell of the published table, and you can use the shortcode to display value of a single cell on any post or page of wordpress.
What are the limitations in this introductory version?
Just a few! In the later version, we will enhance it
- Maximum Google sheet on which you can create a table for WordPress 25 (Twenty Five)
- Maximum column in a table 20( Twenty)
- The maximum number of rows allowed is 1000 ( One thousand) on a sheet.